Car – car insurance
It pays to compare
Car insurance Switzerland
We have them all!
Fully digital – or fully personal
Comparison portals are not brokers and always include only the standard price.
Here you can benefit from our collective discounts of up to 30% for your car insurance.
- Neutral comparison between all 11 car insurance companies in Switzerland
- Collective discounts
- Go directly online to the offer and conclude it
We compare all insurances for you and send you directly the best offer:
How to compare car insurance
If you want to compare car insurance in Switzerland, there are a few factors to consider. Here are some steps you can take to make a good decision:
- Determine your needs: Before you start comparing, consider what type of car insurance you need. There are three main types: Liability insurance, partial and comprehensive insurance. Depending on how old your vehicle is and how much you use it, a certain type of insurance may be more appropriate than others.
- Search for quotes: Compare quotes from different insurance companies. You can do this online on the form on this page (oneZone has discount quotas from the insurance companies and usually offers cheaper) or ask the insurance companies directly. Be sure to compare like-for-like deals to make sure you’re getting the best price.
- Check the insurance terms and conditions: Once you’ve found a quote, be sure to read the policy terms carefully to make sure you understand all the important information. Pay attention to the coverage amount, deductible and exclusions.
- Compare customer reviews: Once you’ve decided on a quote, be sure to read the insurance company’s customer reviews. This can help you find out if the company has a good reputation and if it is reliable.
- Now you can take out the car insurance and then you will receive the necessary documents by mail or post. With oneZone you have all documents directly available in the app.
Good luck in your search for the right car insurance in Switzerland!
When can I change or cancel my car insurance policy
The following are permitted reasons for cancellation with which you can cancel your car/motorcycle insurance early and switch accordingly:
- Vehicle change
- After a claim
- Holder change
- as a result of a premium increase (but not as a result of an age rate adjustment or change of residence)
- Premium increase or deductible correction on the part of the insurance company, or benefit changes (often called remediation, or imposition of aggravated conditions )
In the above-mentioned cases, the cancellation or change of insurer can be made as of the date of occurrence of the event. However, in the case of ordinary termination at the end of the contract, the notice period must be taken into account, which can be 1, 3 or 6 months. However, for motor vehicles, this is 3 months in most cases.
Click here for the cancellation templates.
Does the Road Traffic Office inform my insurance company directly when I change or deposit my license plate?
When you deposit your license plate at the road traffic office, make a vehicle change or vehicle inclusion on a change plate, the road traffic office deposits a digital message that can be retrieved by the insurance company in the system. However, an automatic correction in the policy does not take place, so you must inform your insurance company or your advisor in each case so that the corresponding adjustment can also be made in your policy.
List of all road traffic offices in Switzerland.
Owner, driver occupants – who is all insured?
In an insurance policy, the holder and policyholder can be different, but they do not have to be.
The premium rate depends on the most frequent driver. For this reason, the premiums for company vehicles are sometimes more expensive, because here often Diverse drivers are insured and thus on average also the tariff for, for example, a young driver.
In addition to the driver and the owner, who are compulsorily mentioned in the policy, passengers can also be insured in the event of an accident (with capital and/ or medical expenses, as well as daily allowances).
Vehicle redeemed, insurance not yet taken out?
In order to redeem a vehicle, you need a digital insurance certificate that an insurance company can deposit electronically with the appropriate road traffic office and is valid for 30 days. The insurance coverage is officially valid from the day of redemption – but beware: if it is not a new or leased vehicle, only the compulsory liability is covered in the event of a claim. Even if you have received an offer with comprehensive insurance, but have not yet signed and returned it, and you have a comprehensive damage after the vehicle has been redeemed, the insurance company is not obliged to pay you the benefit for the comprehensive damage. Therefore, it is important that the applications are signed and returned to the insurance company or the responsible advisor, if possible, before the vehicle is redeemed, or as soon as possible after the vehicle is redeemed.